Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College is affiliated to Srimanta Sankardeva University of Health Sciences.
Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Guwahati, Assam, India is established in 2009 as per Act "The Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Act, 2007". The Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences is the only Health University in the North Eastern Region with its jurisdiction to the whole of Assam. The University is presently located in Gauhati Medical College Building (2nd Floor) at Narakasur Hill Top, Bhangagarh, Guwahati-32. As the University is located in Guwahati, it is well connected by Air, Rail and Surface Transport.
Prof. (Dr.) Dipika Deka
MD, FICOG, FIMSA, FICMCH.
Ex- Director : AIIMS - Kalyani (West Bengal)
Ex- Chief : Maternal Fetal Medicine Superspeciality, AIIMS , New Delhi
Ex- Professor : Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Faculty - Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, AIIMS, New Delhi
Senior Residsent - Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, AIIMS, New Delhi
MBBS, MD (O&G) : Guwahati Medical College (1st in MBBS, 1977)
1. World Health Organisation Fellowship, Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA, 1999
2. ICMR Senior Scientist Fellowship-, King's College & Hospital, London, 2010
3. Observership : University of California, San Francisco, USA, 1994
4. Observership : Ohio State Universtiy, USA , 1994.
5. Observership : King's College, London & University College, London-1994.
Books authored - 5, Chapters in Books - 60
Publications : 252, International - 141, National - 111
Research Projects : As Principal Investigator -12, Co Investigator : 16
Research Scholars successfully guided- MD, DM, PhD - 98
Research paper presentation in conferences: National : 68, International : 37
Plenary Lectures / Invited talks : International - 11, National - 517
Orations Delivered -14
Honours / Awards as Faculty:
1. Dr. C.L. Jhaveri Best Paper Prize at All India Obst & Gynae Conf. Delhi.: 1992
2. Dr. C.S. Dawn Best Paper Prize, AICOG Coimbatore: 1994
3. Imaging Sciences Award, FOGSI, Kanpur: 1995
4. Gold Medal, debate. , FOGSI, Kanpur: 1995
5. First Prize, Med disorders in Pregnancy Committee, Pune: 1996
6. Dr. CS Dawn Best Paper Prize, AICOG Ahmedabad: 2000
7. Kamala Achari Award, Bangalore: 2000
8. FOGSI Rhogam Research Award; Ahmedabad: 2000
9. SK Bhandari Gold Medal, ISOPARB, ND: 2002
10. Young Scientist Award, FAOPS Conference, Kuala Lumpur.L: 2004
11. Dr. Amarendra Nath Dan Prize, AICOG, Kerala: 2006
12. Dr CL Jhaveri Award, AICOG, Jaipur: 2009
13. Dr CS Dawn Prize, AICOG, Hyderabad.: 2010
14. Dr DC Dutta Best FOGSI Publication Award for Book: 2010
Prof. (Dr.) Anku Moni Saikia
Dr Anku Moni Saikia, Professor of Community Medicine, Gauhati Medical College , Joined as Registrar on 15th June 2019.
Career summary and major accomplishments:
- Both undergraduate and post graduate teaching experience since 1994 (24 years )
- Academic Faculty for the course of Post Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine (PGDGM) under Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) since 2004.
- Trained on 'Preventive Geriatrics' at International Institute on Ageing, United Nations, Malta as UN sponsored candidate.
'Guest Speaker' in the National conferences:
- National Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatric held at Jodhpur, India in 2012.
- National Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatric held at Bangalore, 2014
- National Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatric held at Chandigarh, 2015
- National Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatric held at AIIMS, New Delhi,2017
BOOKS: CHAPTER contribution:
- Modern Textbook of Forensic Medicine( Jaypee Publication)
- Content writer of e pg Pathshala under UGC, Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Medical writing (Jaypee Publication)
- IAPSM Textbook of Community Medicine (Jaypee publication)
Publication in National and International Indexed journals: Thirty (30)
Editorial board member of Indexed journals:
- Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research
- International Journal of Health Research and Medico Legal Practice
- Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research
- Kenkyu Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research
- BMJ Open
- Journal of Population Ageing
Master trainer of national programmes
- National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP)
- International Classification of Disease-10( ICD-10) and ICF
- Infant and Young Child Nutrition (IYCN)
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Counselling
- WHO's programme on Disability prevention and rehabilitation.
- Ebola Virus Disease
- Adverse Event Following Immunization (AEFI)
She is the member of different national and international professional bodies like
Indian Association of Public Health, Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine,
Indian Academy of Geriatric, Breast feeding Promotion Network of India (BPNI), Alzheimer
and Related Disorder Society of India (ARDSI).
News - Events - Tender
National Anti Ragging Help Line
(UGC Crisis Hotline)
24x7 Toll Free Number*
College Antiragging Committee